7 tips and advice to prepare your body before a photo shoot
Hello everyone, welcome to my blog!
You are probably in the preparations to organize your photo shoot well.
In this blog, I give you some preparation tips to arrive confidently at your photo shoot.
As a professional fashion photographer in Montreal, I have the opportunity to take pictures of international models, new face models and people who are not in the fashion world.
I like to support my clients in the process (before, during, after) that is a photoshoot. So I had the idea of making this blog, to help you as much as possible before the photo session. In this way, you will arrive at the studio with your body and mind well prepared and confident!
Here are my tips and tricks for confidently getting to a professional photo shoot:
1. One week before the photo shoot put yourself in the mood and start doing artistic research. Look at inspirational photos, look for poses that fit well with the moodboard you’re going to work with the photographer on. Do not hesitate to practice the poses in front of the mirror at home. For artistic research, I like to use Pinterest. Also, consider visiting and browsing the Instagram, Facebook, and website of the photographer you will be working with. It can be interesting to analyze the mood and style that the photographer likes to achieve. The photographer will feel that you arrive prepared and confidently at his studio.
Hydrate your body:
2. Then it is very important, a few days before a photo shoot ‘hydrate your entire body to avoid having dry skin! The day before and the morning of the photo session, do not hesitate to apply a moisturizer on your body (body + face + hands + legs and feet). You will have beautiful smooth, soft and supple skin.
3. I also recommend making a purifying beauty mask for the face the evening before the photo session. The purifying mask will help with skin irregularities, black spots and other small imperfections. During the photo session, your face will be fully purified and soothed.
Hand and foot care:
4. When you hydrate your body, consider getting abeauty treatment for your feet and hands. Trim the nails to make a nice cut, keeping a certain length for aesthetics. You can file your nails and if you have the tools, remove the cuticles. Leave your nails natural and do not apply products like nail polish. The professional on site, in the studio, will take care of applying the necessary products, according to the artistic direction of the photo shoot. If you wear false nails, try to remove them if possible.
5. Wash your hair the night before or the morning of the photo shoot. It is important to get your hair clean and freshly washed. Do not apply any product to your hair. In this way, the faster the professional will style your hair.
6. On the day of the photo shoot, it is important to arrive at the studio with your face completely removed. In this way, the makeup artist in the studio will be able to start the beauty treatment upon your arrival.
7. If you wear false eyelashes, ideally consider removing them. In photography, whether in natural light or with flash lights, for studio photo sessions, false eyelashes create unwanted shadows at eye level.
Once in the studio with the photographer, the important thing is to have fun and let go 🙂
Hoping that my few preparation tips will help you before your photo shoot.
Don’t hesitate, if you have any questions about the photo shoots, I will be happy to answer them.
To follow me on Instagram: @ds_sanchez
And on Facebook: dssanchez
Looking forward to photographing you,
Dariane Sanche, photographer