My clothing tips for professional portrait photoshoots
10 tips on clothes to bring to a professional photo session!
To keep in the same idea as my previous blog « How to prepare: fashion photo shoot?», I wanted to continue in the same vein to help you arrive as best prepared as possible for a professional photo shoot.
Beforehand, I approached the preparation of the body, that is to say taking care of its body, hydrating its face, preparing its hair, etc.
In this blog, I direct my advice towards my suggestions of essential clothes to bring for a photo shoot with a professional photographer.
Whether you are participating in a fashion photo shoot, a portrait casting photo shoot, a creative photo shoot or a commercial photo contract, e-commerce or look book, there are essential clothes that you should always have with you.
Choose clothes without an apparent logo.
I always tell my clients to bring timeless and textured clothing (jeans, silk, lace, wool, leather, spray, etc.) because they don’t go out of fashion and look good on camera.
1. For those who have more frequent photo shoots, I advise to have at all times a small suitcase ready to go for a photo shoot with the essential clothes that I will list below.
2. Generally, whether you are a man or a woman, remember to bring neutral-colored underwear with you. By neutral color, I mean beige (skin / skin color), white, black, gray, etc.
3. Have with you a pair of clean shoes (high heel for women) and a pair of casual shoes (goes everywhere for everyday).
4. For women, do not hesitate to insert your mascara and foundation in your suitcase. Usually, all makeup is provided on site by professionals.
Tips for Women:
5. For women, remember to have neutral-colored bras (bra) with you, and don’t forget to have models with suspenders and without suspenders.
Also, in your suitcase bring a thong (g-string) to avoid creating lines under the clothes you will wear during the photo shoot.
6. Classics like dresses, skirts and shirts are often interesting for photo shoots.
7. Also for women, do not forget to have with you some camisoles adjusted to the body, neutral color (white and black).
8. If you have accessories do not hesitate to bring them.
Think of accessories that will be visible in the photos. For example: hats, large necklace, sunglasses, bag or satchel, etc.
Tips for Men:
9. For men, have white or black t-shirts with you. A clean and relaxed pair of pants (clean jeans style), and finally clean and everyday shoes.
10. If you have accessories do not hesitate to bring them.
In short, this is the basics to have with you during a photo shoot.
These clothes will go well with the clothes of the stylist.
If you don’t plan to have a stylist at the photo shoot, contact the photographer to find out which style of clothing to wear.
To follow me on Instagram: @ds_sanchez
And on Facebook: dssanchez